As we enter into the fall season, it’s time to think about hooded sweatshirts, firepit nights, and pumpkin spiced lattes. It is also a great opportunity to shake up your skincare routine! At Margulies Dermatology, we understand how important it is to take care of your skin, and it’s also critical that you understand the best way to care for your skin during changing seasons. If you are interested in learning more about how to change your skincare routine from the hot and humid months to the colder and dryer months, now is the time to speak to Dr. Michael C. Margulies.
- Switch to a creamier moisturizer. Your skin needs as much moisture as it can get during the fall and winter months, so switch out your lighter moisturizer for a creamier, thicker alternative to keep that hydration in the skin.
- Reduce use of retinoids and exfoliants which can be harsher on the skin and cause unwanted irritation during the fall and winter.
- Keep using sunscreen on exposed skin. When patients think of the fall and winter months, they often don’t think nearly as much about protecting the skin from UV rays. Sun exposure is still a concern all year round, so continue using sunscreen on any skin that is exposed.
- Add Vitamin C. Integrate Vitamin C to further protect skin from UV rays, boost collagen production, and even out skin pigmentation for a brighter, more rejuvenated complexion.
- Integrate the use of a humidifier. Without humidity, your skin can become extremely dry. Use a humidifier wherever you spend the most part of your day, whether that’s at home or in the office.
- Consider different cosmetics. Now is the time when patients might think of switching from a dry, lightweight foundation for the skin to a liquid foundation that can add hydration where it is needed most.
Call Margulies Dermatology today!
If you live in or around the Miami, Florida community and are interested in discussing the benefits of changing up your skincare routine for the autumn months, call (305) 595-0393 to request an appointment. Our team is located at 8940 North Kendell Drive, Suite #704E and accepts new and established patients.